Friday, December 10, 2010

Josie Maran: Luxury with a conscience!


You may recognize Josie Maran from all her fabulous modeling ads in Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire and Mademoiselle,  TV commercials for Maybelline and also appearing on the big screen movies such as The Little Black Book, Van Helsing, and The Aviator.
Being raised in a very natural, bohemian environment in Southern California, Josie Maran was inspired after becoming a mother to create her own cosmetics line. She felt the need to give back to the world. The long hours she spent on a makeup chair gave her the inspiration of creating products with superior ingredients one that would be good for your skin, eco-friendly with bio-degradable packaging and still be luxurious and fun!

I wanted to try the ever so famous 100% Argan oil she uses in most of her products.  And may I just say....Wow! what an improvement I've seen on my skin. It is now supple, luminous, and I absolutely love how fresh my skin feels after applying it- it's not heavy at all. I have combination skin and was concerned that my skin will react to the oil but NO, it is by far the BEST moisturizer I've ever tried. 


Among other goodies I have listed on my Christmas list, I would like to get the Natural Wonder Argan Powder Palette. Not just because of the beautiful butterflies design on the packaging but because it contains 5 eye shadows, 2 blushes and 1 bronzing powder for a very affordable price too- only $35. That's not bad at all, considering one of her eye shadows alone are $20.00 



Another one on my list is the "Eye Love You Palette" the colors on this palette are perfect to create smokey eyes. I definitely LOVE it. I also heard they're highly pigmented- as I prefer. 

I noticed on her website www.josiemarancosmetics.com that she's just came out with a product very similar to the one VAPOUR has been known for. It's a sheer moisturizing tint on a stick. Hers of course, contains my new found friend 100% Argan oil. So I'm debating now which one to buy. So I will continue doing some research about these two.

One product from VAPOUR ORGANIC BEAUTY  I  have on my list this year is the 
Atmosphere Luminous Foundation
Vapour Atmosphere Luminous Foundation is made with 70% Certified Organic ingredients. The other 30% consists of natural mineral pigments and vitamins which are not available as certified organics.


You may find this information and more at www.vapourbeauty.com

 I will also be trying USANA™ Sense skin care line pretty soon, as I await anxiously for the package to arrive.  A review will follow of course. 

Look for a series of video reviews I'll be doing as soon as I try these products. We'll have fun discussing the pro's and the con's and sharing opinions from you my readers. The feedback is greatly appreciated. So your tips and suggestions are always welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment